Mala bead making
I have recently discovered the complete joy of making malas. And guess what…it’s really easy! So why make your own mala?
- You can choose exactly the colour, type and size of beads you want.
- You can personalise your mala to be a little part of you.
- You can give malas as “gifts made with love” to your friends and family.
- Saying your mantra as you make your mala imbues the mala with special intention.
- You will be the envy of everyone in your yoga class even if you can’t do a head-stand!
Watching a video is a great way to instantly get a feel for making a mala. I watched the following video on You Tube and it really helped to get me started.
What you need to make your mala:
- beading board (optional)
- 104 beads, 4 marker beads, 1 guru bead (large bead for bottom of your mala)
- beading cord, beading needle (I have just purchased…
View original post 324 more words